Keep coming back to this website for the latest program updates!
Please contact the Customer Call Center at (877) 849-0770 if you have any questions. (Monday – Friday* 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.)
This Program is now closed. Applications are no longer being accepted. All submitted applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified when a funding decision has been made. You may sign in to check the status of your application.
*Except for state and federal holidays
Los Angeles County, through its Department of Consumer and Business Affairs (DCBA), will be providing $68,666,000 in grants to qualified landlords located within LA County through the Los Angeles County Rent Relief Program.
This program will provide direct financial assistance to landlords to help them mitigate the detrimental economic impacts caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and resulted in tenants’ inability to stay current on their rent.
Grant awards may be used to cover eligible expenses incurred from April 1, 2022 to date on a rolling basis. Eligible expenses include qualifying unpaid rental debt and any other substantiated related expenses, such as utilities.
While any eligible landlord can apply, those who meet certain criteria as outlined below will be given priority.
Applicants may be eligible to receive up to $30,000 per unit.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any individual, group, or corporate entity seeking relief from rental arrearages or other eligible expenses of one (1) or more rental properties.
- Property must be located within Los Angeles County, but not in the City of Los Angeles.
- Units must still be occupied by impacted tenants.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Applicants selected for an award must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
a. The rental property is within the County of Los Angeles, excluding the City of Los Angeles. To see if your address is located in LA County, follow the steps below.
- Step 1 – Use the Rental Property Address Tool to confirm if your property is in the Program Service Area.
- Step 2 – If you are a Landlord and your address is in the Program Service area, you may apply for the Program here.
- Step 3 – If you are a Tenant and your address is in the Program Service Area, Click here to refer your landlord to apply for this Program. Do not apply. The application is only available for Landlords.
b. Landlord can provide authentic proof of ownership, independently verified using third-party resources.
c. W9 information can be validated against IRS records.
d. Evidence of a rental relationship is confirmed with evidence of a rental agreement.
e. Affected unit(s) is/are currently occupied by the impacted tenant(s) and is verifiable.
f. Rental arrears are confirmed to have occurred April 2022 and beyond and excluding any months where monies were received through the following mortgage relief programs: (i) Stay Housed LA,
(ii) DCBA Rental Housing Supports and Services, and (iii) L.A. County Mortgage Relief Program.
g. Eligible expenses are supported with verifiable documentation.
Please note: An Applicant’s immigration status will not impact Applicant’s eligibility for the Program, nor will it be a factor in determining any approved Applicant’s ultimate grant award amount.
Which applications will receive priority consideration?
- Affected units located in the high and highest need geographies as defined and identified in the LA County Equity Explorer Tool.
- Landlord or tenant whose household income is 80% or below LA County Area Median Income (AMI).
- Landlords who can fully satisfy tenants’ debt for the eligible period upon receipt of rent relief grant.
- Landlord owns no more than four rental units.
Important Note: This list is not comprehensive and other eligibility and priority requirements may apply.
Eligibility to participate in the Los Angeles County Rent Relief Program is contingent on meeting certain eligibility standards, and the determination of eligibility is based on the submission of documents that support your eligibility for relief under this program. You are required to respond to all requests for additional documentation that is needed to support your eligibility determination. Failure to do so may result in a delay in processing your application.
Please see the Program and Application Guide for more details about required documentation.
Program & Application Guide:
The Program and Application Guide includes an overview of the Program, tips for applying, and instructions on how to complete and submit the application.
Customer Call Center
Monday – Friday*
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. PT
*Except for state and federal holidays