Keep coming back to this website for the latest program updates!
Los Angeles County, through its Department of Consumer and Business Affairs (DCBA), will be providing $68,666,000 in grants to qualified landlords located within LA County through the Los Angeles County Rent Relief Program.
This program will provide direct financial assistance to landlords to help them mitigate the detrimental economic impacts caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and resulted in tenants’ inability to stay current on their rent.
Grant awards may be used to cover eligible expenses incurred from April 1, 2022 to date on a rolling basis. Eligible expenses include qualifying unpaid rental debt and any other substantiated related expenses, such as utilities.
While any eligible landlord can apply, those who meet certain criteria as outlined below will be given priority.
Applicants may be eligible to receive up to $30,000 per unit.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any individual, group, or corporate entity seeking relief from rental arrearages or other eligible expenses of one (1) or more rental properties.
- Property must be located within Los Angeles County, but not in the City of Los Angeles.
- Units must still be occupied by impacted tenants.
Which applications will receive priority consideration?
- Affected units located in the high and highest need geographies as defined and identified in the LA County Equity Explorer Tool.
- Landlord or tenant whose household income is 80% or below LA County Area Median Income (AMI).
- Landlords who can fully satisfy tenants’ debt for the eligible period upon receipt of rent relief grant.
- Landlord owns no more than four rental units.
Important Note: This list is not comprehensive and other eligibility and priority requirements may apply.